When Temur’s grandson Mirzo Ulugbek was the ruler of Maverannahr, Shahi-Zinda ensemble was constructed downwards from the brink of the old wall. The two-dome mausoleum was built in that period. According to some sources, it belonged to Uldja-Inaga, Amir Temur’s nurse (before the survey, researchers thought it was the mausoleum of the astronomer Qazi-Zade Rumi). The mausoleum is famous for its legendary stairway. The number of its steps could be counted correctly only by a truly believing person. In the 1430s, at the bottom of the wall, Ulugbek built a front entrance. It has the inscription: “… founded by Abd al-Aziz…, son of Ulugbek… in 838(1434/1435)”. The mosque and auxiliary premises on both sides of the chartak were built later. In the 19th century the khakim of Samarkand Davlet Kushbeghi constructed a small madrasah at the entrance and a summer mosque opposite to it. The remains of a medieval bathhouse were found during restoration work in Shahi-Zinda at the beginning of the 21th century.