Lyabi-Hauz (literally – “brim of a pool”) is one of the most popular holiday destinations for Bukhara residents and tourists. It is a broad area around an ancient artificial reservoir. This largest pool of medieval Bukhara is located in the central part of the city. It was made in about 1620 between the Kanaka and Madrasah, constructed by the order of the Nadir Divan-Beghi. The two new buildings and Kukeldash Madrasah formed a harmonious architectural ensemble with a reservoir in the center. The pool is 42 m. long, 36 m. wide and about 5 m. deep. It contains more than four thousand cubic meters of water, which comes by the ancient canal Shahrud. The banks of Lyabi-Hauz have stone steps. So it was easy for Bukhara water-carriers to fill their leather skins with clean water. During four hundred years this place has been arranged for tea drinking open pavilions (chaikhana) and commercial shops. In the 20th century, a monument to a legendary folk hero – the cheerful joker Khadja Nasr ad-Din was placed in the park near Lyabi-Hauz.